Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Joy's of In-Processing

Aaron and I woke up this morning and made our way to Killeen. We got there a little after 9 and were directed to the visitors center to get our pass and start in-processing from there. They sent us to the main in-processing building where Aaron had to fill out a little bit of paper work. From there they sent us to another building to check in with someone else and then he sent us to III Corps for Aaron to sign in (I had to wait in the car since it was 100% ID check and I hadn't gotten my card yet). Since that all only took an hour (surprisingly) we went back to the main building and got me my ID card and DEERS. Aaron's going to put me on his insurance next week. After that we went to housing, then to the on post hotel to get the statement of non-availability for us to be reimbursed for our hotel. By then it was a little after 11 and we went back to the visitors center to register our car...that was fun.



We waited in line, got called to the desk, started working on the paper work and were told we couldn't finish. We're in the process of transferring the title of my car from my parents name to our name, and the registration as well. Since it's not in our name yet, we couldn't get the tag for it. But the guy told us we could go next door and take care of it. So we tried that. But since we don't live in Bell county and all of the title stuff is being done through Tarrant county, it has to be done there.



Oh well, we are getting it all worked out. All in all, it wasn't a bad day. We were done before noon, they told Aaron he was off till 0530 Monday..so no going back tomorrow 'cause their off. And everyone was really nice and patient with us when we had questions. The lady that was helping us with my ID card was pretty funny. She had to go through and get all my information put in the system and then asked for my eye and hair color, height, and weight. I laughed at the latter and asked if we could be on the gracious side. She laughed back and said "Oh of course, we women are always gracious when it comes to that." I chuckled.

On another note, I miss my family--especially my sister since she's in MN--but it's reassuring how supportive they are of us both. They have all offered to help us in whatever way they can and I'm grateful for that.



No comments: